Arlberg Booking Options
- All bookings are made using the ONLINE BOOKING FORM on this website.
If you have difficulty with the automated booking system you may contact Sally Stobo, the Booking Officer by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0419 161 648 .
- We accept: Visa, MasterCard, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) or over the counter deposit at a Westpac branch.
- Credit Card transactions incur a 1.5% surcharge.
- On this online booking site we accept Visa and Mastercard.
- Directions for EFT:
- Account name: Arlberg Ski Club Ltd
- Bank: Westpac
- BSB: 032053
- Account: 471697
- Be sure to include the Booking ID you are issued with in the transaction description details.
- Arlberg Ski Club reserves the right to relet space if the full balance of your accommodation is not paid at least 30 days prior to your scheduled arrival.
- Child and Infant rates are based on their age as at the first day of the ski season.
- Infants aged 2 years and under are free provided they are sharing a room. Hire cots can be requested in the booking process.
Arlberg Members Priority Booking Period
- Members Priority Booking requests close on 3 January 2020.
- General bookings for the public open 18 January 2020.
- Bookings for non-members may be taken prior to 18 January and while every effort will be made to accommodate non-members and member's guests (including member's family not sharing the member's room), Debenture Holders and Ordinary Members must take priority during this period
- No booking confirmation is possible before 11 January. No bookings will be confirmed without 50% deposit payment. Bookings will be suspended after 7 days and cancelled after 14 days if payment is not received.
- The club gives preference to 7 day bookings. 7 day bookings are Sunday to Sunday. 5 day bookings are Sunday to Friday and 2 day bookings are Friday to Sunday. Requests for 9 day booking may be reduced to 7 days if there is insufficient space to accommodate members bookings.
- All online booking requests during the Members Priority Booking Period are not on a first come first served basis. All bookings made up until the close of the period have the same priority and will be collated by our booking officer to determine whether any ballots need to take place. This is why during that period the online system will allow members to book a room even though another member may have already made a booking request for the same room.
2020 Winter Season Dates
- LOW SEASON NIGHTS - 28 June to 4 July and 6 September - 19 September
- SHOULDER SEASON NIGHTS - 5 to 25 July and 30 August - 5 September
- PEAK SEASON NIGHTS - 26 July to 29 August
- Once a deposit has been received, all changes to the original booking will attract a $50 amendment fee per change.This covers the cost of administering the amendments. Amendments include name changes, removal, addition of a party within a booking.
- A change of date is considered a cancellation and may attract cancellation fees.
- All cancellations must be advised in writing, preferably by e-mail. The Club will retain a minimum of $50 of any cancellation, and additional monies will be retained as follows:
- Between 31 to 60 days prior to arrival date - 25% of the total cost
- Between 15 to 30 days prior to arrival date - 50% of the total cost
- Within 14 days prior to arrival date - 100% of the total cost
- Arlberg Ski Club Limited will not be liable for any costs incurred, loss of payments made or any other fees, charges or the like incurred due to cancellations, including those resulting from unforeseen circumstances, medical conditions or changes to travel plans.
- If the lodge is fully booked during the time of the cancelled booking subsequent to the cancellation, members can request that the Board credit 50% of the retained monies to their accommodation for the following year. The application of this policy in exceptional circumstances will be at the discretion of the board. Arlberg recommends you take out appropriate travel insurance when booking your winter holiday.
Special dietary requests
- In order to continue the high quality of meals offered during your stay at Arlberg, the Committee has found it necessary to review how we manage dietary requests.
- Please understand that the remoteness of the lodge presents considerable logistic challenges. The stores are largely brought in ahead of the season and menu components are prepared ahead of time. When the lodge is full, the demands of producing timely and high quality meals for both children and adults are significant. The menu is repeated on a weekly basis and there is limited scope for creating separate meals outside of this.
- Meeting multiple meal preferences places a significant added burden on our Managers /Chef, not to mention the added cost of buying goods in during the season. To this end, menus offered will be as per the following -
- Full adult menu
- Full children’s menu
- Vegetarian menu – must be noted at the time of booking
- Limited gluten-free options – must be noted at the time of booking
- Members and guests are requested to bring their own special food preferences eg. Non-diary milk, spreads; gluten-free bread, etc.
- If possible, food items may be omitted from a meal however a substitute ingredient is not guaranteed. Components of meals prepared ahead of time cannot have ingredients removed.
Whilst certain ingredients /allergens may be omitted from a meal, the club cannot provide an allergen-free environment. Please ensure you are comfortable with implementing your anaphylaxis action plan. We ask you to consider the remoteness of the location together with the limited medical services available in an emergency when making a booking.
Children staying at child tariffs will receive the children’s menu and eat at the children’s mealtime. Children wishing to eat the adult’s menu will be charged a meal supplement - currently $60 per day. This preference must be noted at the time of booking.
Arlberg is owned and operated by Arlberg Ski Club Limited.
ALL PERSONS ENTER THE LODGE AT THEIR OWN RISK, AND ARLBERG SKI CLUB LTD ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OR THEFT OF PROPERTY.
Arlberg Ski Club Booking Officer
Ph 0419 161 648